Wow, what a great second day. I start off with a primer on Performance Support.
Bob Mosher and Conrad Gottfredson simplified my understanding of what true Performance Support is and how to put it to work at work. Performance Support is an immediate, intuitive and intentionally tailored aid to a person at his or her moment of need to enable and support effective performance. It's specifically for three of the five moments of need.
The Five Moments of Need
- When learning for the first time
- When wanting to learn more
- When trying to apply and/or mentor
- When something goes wrong
- When something changes
If they cannot get to it; they will not consume it. It must be available within 2 clicks and 10 seconds. There are three fundamental principles.
- Embedded in the workflow and readily available at the moment of need
- Contextual according to specific roles and varying access needs
- Just enough in the form needed to effectively perform inside the business process
There's a lot more detail in their book: Innovative Performance Support